We are committed to protecting your right to privacy and to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, digital and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We will always adhere to the General Data Protection Act 2018, and any other applicable data protection laws in relation to our use of your information.
We collect information about users to continually help improve our service.
To operate effectively and fulfil its legal obligations, our company needs to collect, maintain and use certain personal information about current, past and prospective customers, suppliers and other individuals with whom it has dealings. All such personal information, whether held on computer, paper or other media, will be obtained, handled, processed, transported and stored lawfully and correctly, in accordance with the safeguards contained in the Data Protection Act 1998.
We are committed to the eight principles of data protection as detailed in the General Data Protection Act 2018. These principles require that personal information must:
• Be fairly and lawfully processed and not processed unless specific conditions are met.
• Be obtained for one or more specified, lawful purposes and not processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes.
• Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
• Be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
• Not be kept for longer than is necessary.
• Be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights under the DPA.
• Be kept secure from unauthorised or unlawful processing and protected against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Not be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area, unless the country or territory ensures adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of the data subjects.
We may collect and process the information we collect from you to fulfil your web page requests, contact you, or conduct research.
When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address if you show interest in our services to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
For example, by saving your preferences, showing you tailored service features or adverts delivered by us.
1) We may use the personal information we collect from you to build up a profile of your interests and preferences.
2) We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other electronic communications with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service. We may report, store and share non-personal information such as online activity and engagement statistics to improve our sales and marketing processes.
To the extent that sensitive personal data is processed about you, we will employ appropriate security measures given the nature of that data. However, you recognise that your use of the Internet and our online services is entirely at your own risk. We have tried to create a secure and reliable website for our users. However, we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet.
We do not intentionally collect information about children and believe that children should always get the consent of their parents before giving out any personal information or using our services. We only provide certain employees with access to customer data and ensure that these employees are contracted to do so under relevant data protection policies. Breach of these policies are regarded as a disciplinary offence and will be dealt with under formal discipline procedures.
We may need to disclose your data to appropriate persons where required or permitted by law (for example, to law enforcement authorities in relation to the investigation of a suspected criminal offence). We may share your personal information to third-party service providers and partners so that they can carry out services for you on our behalf.
We will retain your personal data in accordance with our retention schedule, to comply with financial regulations. The right to have your data removed is not an absolute right. We may need to retain your data if this information forms part of a statutory or legal obligation or existing contract.
Please inform us as soon as possible if any of the personal information you have provided us has changed.
There are several rights that you may exercise which will depend on the legal basis for processing your personal data. In most cases, these rights are not absolute and there may be compelling or overriding legal reasons why we cannot meet these rights in full. You can at any time request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, or have your personal data corrected or erased.
If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data, or wish to discuss or exercise your rights, please contact our Finance Director by writing to:
Home Telecom Limited
60b Queen Street
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. To process and submit your Application Form to lenders and credit brokers and other financial providers to apply for the funds you have requested; these companies may contact you by phone, email, SMS or MMS.
2. To provide you with the best possible service to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
3. To notify you about changes to our products and services;
4. We and third parties to whom you agree we may send your data may also use it for marketing purposes to provide you with data about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by phone, SMS, MMS and E- mail subject to the preferences you select when opting in (please see our section on Direct Marketing for further information).
Our lenders with whom we share your information may use it for their legitimate business interests to match applications, carry out fraud checks, carry out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics and to customise and develop the product/service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future. Most lenders might use this for up to 12 months.
The following is a list of lenders and/or brokers to whom we may send your personal information:
Loan Machine Limited
Media Blanket Limited
Hamilton Digital Solutions Limited
T Dot UK Limited
Quint Group Limited
Sandhurst Associates Limited
Aspire Money Limited
Silver City Tech Limited
Stop Go Networks Limited
Mindflow Marketing Limited
Pounds to Pocket
The Money Platform
H & T Money
Steps to ne Credit
Safety Net Credit
Loans 2 Go
Guarantor My Loan
Dot Dot Loans
Express Finance Limited
Cash 4 U Now
Provident Personal Credit limited trading as Provident and Satsuma Loans, Registered Office: 1 Godwin Street, BD1 2SU. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UK Credit Ratings
The 1st Stop Group
The Quick Loan Shop
Savvy Benefits Card
Total Home Loans
Choose Wisely Limited
IMT Technologies Limited
Match The Cash Limited
The Money Platform
Trusted Cash Limited
Season Marketing Limited
TM Advances Limited
Forefront Solutions Limited
Western Circle Ltd
William Ellis Sinclair (ZA033005)
As part of your application for a loan, we will share your personal data with Monevo Limited (a regulated credit broker) who will then share your data with the members of its lender panel to try and find you a loan. Monevo may also share your personal data with Trans Union (formerly Call credit) & other credit bureaus for the purposes of matching you to a lender. Full information as to how they process your personal data and your rights can be found here https://privacy.monevo.com/uk/privacy-policy.
ESL Consultancy Services Ltd trading as Smart-loans.uk, quick-cash.co.uk, quickcashmoney.co.uk, trustedloans.co.uk and beeloan.uk